Sunday 22 April 2018

Minor progress in my ECW project.

 Progress on my ECW Hinchliffe project has been a little patchy but I have completed a couple of regiments of Parliamentarian horse and some new commanders. Not my best work, but hopefully with some practice I hope to get the best out of Gilder's wonderful range.




 When I was expanding my Seven Years War armies I took to buying old painted figures from E Bay and then touching them up. The ECW armies will be supplemented by the same method. I bought a unit of Parliamentarian heavy cavalry and gave them a touch of paint. Below is the before and after.


 No self respecting ECW wargamer should be without Arthur Haselrigge's  cuirassier regiment and I always loved the Hinchliffe figure so I had to have the unit.. Sir Arthur after Marston Moor was detailed to oversee the quelling of the North East and was billeted at the Bishop Durham's palace a short distance from where I live. From what I have read he didnt endear himself to the locals and managed to kill the last of the famous white deer herd that grazed in the palace grounds.Nice chap.

 Here are the two units brigaded together. A lot of iron to see off the cavaliers. So progress is being made albeit not as quickly as I would like.


13 comments:

  1. Looking really good there mate, that's not small progress at all!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,
      I seem to have been a bit distracted and have not really got back into the painting swing. One of my problems has been picking a pikeman that I am happy with. I know its a trivial thing but I hate knocking pikes and want a figure that will hold the damned thing.So at the moment am painting the cavalry.

      Delete
  2. very nice looking units Robbie. And a great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colin. A long way to go but its a start.

      Delete
    2. and a good one. Speaking of a long way, the invite still stands.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Wargamers either like Hinchliffe figures or avoid them like the plague.

      Delete
    2. They're like Marmite, as are Elite minis, you either love 'em or hate 'em.

      Delete
  4. As Colin says, a marmite range, but each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sense you dont like the old Hinchliffe range David, its a subjective thing I think. I never liked Minifigs when I was painting 25mm the first time around. Now, Im strangely drawn to them. I think its an age thing.Maybe one day I will start collecting Dixon Landsnects again.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking command and the touch up has worked really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating