Wednesday 31 January 2018

Back in the saddle.

 Well I'm back from my sabbatical in the Big Apple, jet lagged and knackered, but still a very enjoyable experience as always.So it was back to the brushes, or in this case the tufts and some pva.
 This unit of Eureka Saxons has been waiting to be painted since April 2017, but I'm pleased they are finally painted and based.I do have an affinity for the poor SYW Saxons, probably due to the regular bullying by Frederick. No doubt they will do what Saxons do best, which is just average.Still, they did know how to dress.   





11 comments:

  1. They are wonderful!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stokes. I do enjoy painting the Saxon army, they were colourful chaps. I did cheat a little to add some extra colour by using the 1750 uniform as opposed to the later plainer one.

      Delete
  2. very nice indeed. I do like the Eureka figures and you make them look rather splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eureka make some lovely figures. They are very sturdy but not cheap.

      Delete
  3. Solid looking Saxons, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent addition to the Saxon army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely regiment, nice addition to your Saxon Army

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allan, the poor Saxons knew how to dress their men.

      Delete
  6. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    Movie Online

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating