Thursday 5 January 2012

Minden MiniaturesI

 I thought it would be nice to post smy newly painted Minden Miniature command groups. I wasnt too keen about 'doing' one of Frederick,but it was such a good likeness of him that I thought it would be churlish not to paint the figure as the king.
 As I have previously recorded I'm not convinced about his role in history,and the tag of 'The Great', but the victor re writes history so who am I to argue with that. Still a very good model.
 Viewres will see that I have discovered Minitur grass effects,which are top notch for personality figures.


 These are my personal favourites,and I have painted them as Hanoverian commanders. I am currently basing up the Minden civilian sets,which I can throughly recommend,they would mahe great AWI rebels and are all open handed.I understand that they didnt sell very well,which is surprsing as they are suitable for all sorts of units,and scenarios.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice brushwork!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely painted - those Mindens do look good.

    I must get some (I've been saying that for some time)

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating