Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day 2 of the table construction


Well,my mate returned to finish the table,and then I thought I should hide the tops imperfections by giving it a coat of paint.Its hard to portray the actual size,until I put some terrain boards and figures on,but I can assure people its pretty impressive,if I do say so myself.

I opted fo plywood to cover the table top which should stop any warping etc.I also opted for dressed timber 3 by 2 for the legs with 4by2 for the actual main frame.Dressed timber is kinder than getting spelks all the time.I attempted to put the scenic backdrop that I had bought,along the wall,but I made a complete hash of it,so luckily I had to other sets,which I intend to put on tomorrow.


This time with wallpaper paste.The back drops were bought from ART PRINTERS, and I thoroughly recommend them if you like the idea of a scenic back drop.The lights dont convey the actual colour,but its actually a pale green,honest.But it will be covered by terrain boards. 



 I am still not certain about the height,but I intend to buy a couple of plastic steps for the shorter person [ie me]

4 comments:

  1. It already looks great!

    Best Regards.

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project has been coming along really well, wont be long now? Dont worry about the height, a milk crate fixes that, I always worried about the width and getting speared in the belly or worse by pikes or bayonets whilst reaching into the middle of the table

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous!

    I look forward to seeing some of the tabletop actions to come!

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating