Saturday 14 August 2010

The Grand Plan.


Like most wargamers,there is usually an aim to what we are painting or collecting. My Syw project was different,it was as I have stated before,a whim.

I just kept buying RSM figures and painting them,with no real clear purpose apart from,I liked pretty toy soldiers of that era. Anyway,I have been giving thought to my collection and I think Ive managed to verbalise [what a word!] what I am actually intending to do with this project. Momentously its to buy more SYW figures,but more importantly paint an opponent for my French and Austrians. At the moment I can rely on Colin for his Prussians, but I would really like my own troops. Hence my buying of RSM Hanoverians. I have now however decided to expand this project to Hessians and Brunswickers,with a splash of the smaller North German states. So it looks like a new mountain of lead,which I usually try to avoid. I am basically aiming for 20 battallions plus cavalry and artillery. Not to much to aim for. I blame Barry Hilton for this,as I have just bought his new Napoleonic rules,and the photographic eye candy just set me away. If Barry can do that for Napoleonics,then I can do it for SYW,albeit in a more restrained and decourous style.

5 comments:

  1. Good choice! The various and sundry Germanic statelettes of the period offer all kinds of pretty possibilities for interesting uniforms and flags. Eager to watch the new forces develop.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, you can always rely on my Prussians.Look forward to seeing the completed army!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on the Jackdaw figures. I only looked on the Old Glory USA site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RSMs are nice, aren't they? The "Western" army, with Hanoverians and a smattering of Allies is a very nice model to look at . . . particularly since you have French.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what about the Brits I'm sure the Marquis of Granby would love to join in.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating