Monday 9 August 2010

An enforced break

Due to illness,I have been able to catch up with my blog. I am grinding my way through the moutain of lead that is my Flames Of War Italian army. I am determined to finish this project sooner than planned as I am now very keen to move back to my SYW Hanoverian army. My aim is for 8 battalions,2 guard battalions,and 7 units of cavalry,nothing too ambitious!
I also want to edit the rules John put together for me and give them a more professional look.
Thinking about lists,I think the most important things wargamers need are,
1] Time, 2] patience, 3] enthusiasm, 4] imagination, 5] the constitution of a horse, 6] an understanding partner [very important], 7] space, 8] a steady hand, 9] a sense of humour, 10] and access to ready cash [always a problem]
Personally my most important things are time and cash. Sometimes its hard to justify locking myself away to paint,leaving my long suffering partner to watch the televison,saying that I think she is pleased sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating